GPS

Forums
I originally wrote about this under General Fishing but I think it would be better under Bass. I have a locator that works fine for the fishing I do. It's really all I need, but it does'nt have GPS. Is there some inexpensive handheld GPS that I could get to use for fishing. I would like to know what kind and how it would or would not work for bass fishing. I mostly fish strip mine pits in Illinois from a small 2man bass boat (10'2"), no large lakes. I just would like to have something that would allow me to mark waypoints and trails. Also, I would like to know if there is a good beginners explination on how to interpret what my locator is showing, to include where what is showing on the screen is, in relation to where the boat is. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you received: 0
User

If you have a smartphone there are a couple of apps that you can use straight from your phone. Check out the Boating app from Navionics and also Humminbird Fishsmart. They both offer the ability to add waypoints, they work on IPhone and Android devices, plus you can check out areas to fish anytime from your phone... I personally like the Humminbird Fishsmart app for a little more detailed contour lines however, both have their pros and cons. It's definitely worth checking out both!