2016 Republican Presidential candidates

Those that have been around here a while know i'm a Wild West history nerd...The Frontier towns, People, and guns...But i'm also for some reason really interested in our political process ....I watch / listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Dana Lasch, Cunningham, Beck, etc.....cant get enough of that stuff.. ? . I know it's a long way out...but who do you guys like..and why..

Jeb Busch
Scott Walker
Bobby Jindal
Marco Rubio
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Nikki Haley
Para Salin
...................................................................................??
Thank you received: 24

Scratch off Bush & Christie enough of that noise.
I like Haley she's been great for SC and would be great as a VP choice if not the lead
Walker/Haley would be a strong contenders.
Thank you received: 15
User

From the list you put up, I'd have to say Sara Palin. But I seriously doubt she'll go for it.

It doesn't matter, really. Who ever I pick won't stand a chance. Y'all remember what they did to Herman Cain? He was my pick for the last go around but the media just wouldn't allow it.

By the time we have our primary here in North Carolina, the candidates are already decided. We don't even get a say in it. I find myself voting on the other sides ticket just to try and through them off.

I even voted for Hillary back in 2008. ?
Thank you received: 15
User

Of course, all this is under the assumption that we'll even HAVE a presidential election in 2016.

Wimmins got no business in the Oval Office other than vacuuming and dusting.

NO matter ho cute they may be.

sayin' Reck

well that's a whole nother thing entirely, but I respect the sanctity of the office, so I would have her meet me in the closet instead.

course she was too old and chubby for my taste anyways.

sayin' Reck
Thank you received: 69
User

Things are starting to get rollin....8 or 9 Repubs have already announced...others are going to hold out as long as they can to avoid Campaign finance / fundraising regulations...We are going to have our first "Billion" Dollar election..buckle your seatbelt...LOL. But i'm strangely drawn to, and interested in the process...???
Thank you received: 3
User

My Dad likes Rand Paul and Paul Ryan(even though he's not running).
Bobby Jindal seems like a real nice guy and I would like to see how far he goes.
Personally, my political views are a mix of Democrat and Republican though I tend to lean conservative. The reason I don't identify as solely one or the other is because both parties tend to go to the extreme. Democrats are way too liberal and Republicans are way too conservative.
I think it would be cool to see an Independent run.
I just want somebody who can help the middle class, defend our country and has a lot of common sense. I don't want somebody who is going to waste time on minor issues. I want somebody willing to tackle big issues like security, conservation, the economy and maintaining good relations with our allies.

I also don't want a President who is a sissy. The western world (especially the United States) is now currently under attack from Islam. They are attacking us and brainwashing gullible kids. They are destroying our culture and are overrunning our homes.
Liberals don't seem to realize that the beliefs of Islam do not correspond with Western beliefs(i.e equality, democracy, etc.)
Western culture is based on Judeo-Christian ideology. That's the way it has been since the very beginning. Why do we have to adapt/change our lifestyle
to these invaders? If they want to come into our country, they have to adapt to OUR way of life. That's the way immigration works. You assimilate into your
new country.
France has begun to take measures to protect their culture and language and I hope we follow suit. We need a President with a firm hand who is willing to do what's necessary.
User

Well...Looks like Trump is in..and running out front for a couple months now..?

My prediction is another Bush /Clinton race.

Rubio is already out I think.
User

My prediction is another Bush /Clinton race.

Rubio is already out I think.

CaptinMitch

Bush /Clinton - I'm going to be sick , what a sorry state of affairs that would be.
Bassfanatic

.......X2... ? .
User

I dunno, Jeb isn't so bad.

He's not the over-conservative type of candidate Republicans usually run. He was governor of Florida, and did a great job.

I actually met him once, and he was super cool. Hillary, well, that could be ugly. Literally.

Another Bush/ Clinton run off would be. Well. Very America-ish in it's predictability, and it would be spoon feeding the media everything they want.

CaptinMitch

Yea...except clinton is a crooked, back stabbing Communist....And Bush is a big amnesty guy, and real squishey on the 2nd amendment ...We can do better than that...?
Thank you received: 21
User

Jessica do you ever listen to Brian Thomas on 55 WKRC in Cincinnati?
I grew up with him....
Thank you received: 1
User

I just joined the Forum. I am like you... caught me off guard. Could be interesting. smile